[Gluster-users] upgrading OS on gluster servers
stefan.solbrig at ur.de
Tue May 11 07:11:34 UTC 2021
I was wondering what is the prefered way to upgrade the server OS (not glusterd) for a GlusterFS.
I'm running a distributed-only system (no replication) on centos 7, planning an upgrade to centos 8 stream.
I suppose a possible way is like this:
* unmount file system on all clients
* stop cluster
* copy data in /var/lib/glusterd
* upgrade all servers
* restore data in /var/lib/glusterd
Could you please advise me if:
- the files in /var/lib/glusterd are all that is needed?
- or can I regenerate these from other data?
More information about the Gluster-users