[Gluster-users] any one uses all flash GlusterFS setup?

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 17:02:35 UTC 2021

I guess there is no need to mention that lattency is the real killer of Gluster. What is the DC-to-DC lattency and MTU (ethernet) ?Also, if you use SSDs , consider using noop/none I/O schedulers.
Also, you can obtain the tuned profiles used in Red Hat Gluster Storage via this source rpm:
http://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/7Server/en/RHS/SRPMS/redhat-storage-server-3.5.0.0-7.el7rhgs.src.rpm
You can combine the settings from the tuned profile for Hypervisor and combine it with the gluster random I/O tuned profile.
Also worth mentioning, RHGS uses 512M shard size, while default in upstream gluster is just 64M. Some oVirt users have reported issues and suspect is gluster's inability to crwate enough shards.
WARNING: ONCE SHARDING IS ENABLED, NEVER EVER DISABLE IT.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 11:03, Arman Khalatyan<arm2arm at gmail.com> wrote:   Thanks Strahil,good point on choose-local, definitely we will try.the connection is: 10Gbit, also FDR Infiniband( ipoib will be used).we are still experimenting with 2 buildings and 8 nodes ovirt+ changing the bricks number on glusterfs.