[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Meeting minutes for Gluster Community Meeting on 27-10-2020

sankarshan sankarshan at kadalu.io
Fri Oct 30 08:57:32 UTC 2020

Nikhil, thank you for being the host of the meeting and this follow up
note to the lists. Some remarks in-line

On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 at 13:07, Nikhil Ladha <nladha at redhat.com> wrote:

> # Gluster Community Meeting -  27/10/2020
>

> ### Previous Meeting minutes:
>
> - http://github.com/gluster/community
> - Details of this meeting
>
> ### Date/Time: Check the [community calendar](https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=MDQ0YmRydTllMXYzdWFoMmpsbjdqNXJlYmNfMjAyMDEwMjdUMDkwMDAwWiBzYWptb2hhbUByZWRoYXQuY29t&tmsrc=sajmoham%40redhat.com&scp=ALL)
>
> ### Bridge
> * APAC/EMEA friendly hours
>   - Tuesday 13/10/2020, 02:30PM IST
>   - Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968
> * NA
>   - Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
>   - Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/118564314

Are these meeting bridge detail still correct and do we continue to
have a meeting in NA time slices?

> -------
>
> ### Attendance
> Name (#gluster-dev alias) - company
> * Nikhil Ladha - Red Hat
> * sankarshan - Kadalu.IO
> * Pranith Kumar Karampuri - PhonePe
> * Vinayak Hariharmath - RedHat
> * Ravi - Red Hat
> * Sunil Kumar - Red Hat
> * Amar Tumballi - Kadalu.IO
> * Saju Mohammed - RedHat
> * Shwetha Acharya - RedHat
> * Aravinda Vishwanathapura (aravindavk) - Kadalu.io
> * Csaba Henk - Red Hat
> * Rinku Kothiya - Red Hat
> * Barak Sason Rofman - Red Hat
> * Deepshikha - Red Hat
> * Srijan Sivakumar - Red Hat
>
> ### User stories
> * No new stories.

This section has not been seeing updates for a while now - do we want
to continue to have this? Is there a better alternative?

> ### Community
>
> * Project metrics:
>
> |    Metrics                |   Value  |
> | ------------------------- | -------- |
> |[Coverity](https://scan.coverity.com/projects/gluster-glusterfs)  | 61  |
> |[Clang Scan](https://build.gluster.org/job/clang-scan/lastBuild/) |   87  |
> |[Test coverage](https://build.gluster.org/job/line-coverage/lastCompletedBuild/Line_20Coverage_20Report/)|    70.9 |
> |[Gluster User Queries in last 14 days](https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2020-October/thread.html)        |     13     |
> |[Total Github issues](https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues)       |    401   |
>

> * Any release updates?
>     * [Rinku] We do not have enough patches tagged for Release7 and Release8 hence I propose to delay the release to next month, in case we get enough patches tagged for release-8 and release-7 we can consider releasing a build.

I missed following up on this during the meeting - what is being done
to ensure that there is no repeat of the paucity of patches ie.
content for the release?

> * Blocker / Severe issues across the project?
>     * [Amar] https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/1699
>     * [Deepshika] [Document](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vxf24dLPSCmVBfJ7PfO5bN28r9slfyoJufZX2GOzlTc/edit?usp=sharing) mentioning the criterias to be a member of gluster org   [Under review]

The process document from Deepshikha would need a "by this date"
deadline for the reviews to come in.

> * Notable thread from mailing list
>     * None

This section is usually empty of content - are there truly no threads
worth of note or is there absence of reading of the lists?

> ### Conferences / Meetups
>
> * [Hacktoberfest](https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/)
>     * Event dates: The whole month of October.
>     * Venue: Online
>
> ### GlusterFS - v9.0 and beyond
> * Gluster release 9 roadmap [tracker](https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/1465)
>     * Everything is on track. Good progress on the issues.
>

> ### Developer focus
>
> * Any design specs to discuss?
>     * Updated permissions for running regression tests
>     * Stale bot
>         * Topic raised by Pranith around https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/910#issuecomment-706451616 with discussion around the [stalebot](https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/devel/.github/stale.yml) workflow. Pranith to raise an issue track proposed changes to kick in stalebot earlier than the 7 month cycle
>         * https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/910 (look at the comment on stalebot)
>         * We can choose to use a 'label'.
>     * Quota - What next?
>         * Check the RFC - https://kadalu.io/rfcs/0006-optimized-quota-feature-with-namespace.html
>         * There is a need for the feature.
>
> ### Component status
> * Arbiter - Stable / Maintained
> * AFR - Update on granular self-heal entry
> * DHT - [Barak] Will send out an invite for a session regarding Global Layout and Rebalance enhancments
> * EC - Satble / Maintained
> * DOC - [Pranith] Will be sending out a PR for updates.
> * Geo Replication - Stable
> * Glusterd - Stable / Maintained
>

> ### Recent Blog posts / Document updates
> * None
>

> ### Host
>
> * Who will host next meeting? [Nikhil]
>   - Host will need to send out the agenda 24hr - 12hrs in advance to mailing list, and also make sure to send the meeting minutes.
>   - Host will need to reach out to one user at least who can talk about their usecase, their experience, and their needs.
>   - Host needs to send meeting minutes as PR to http://github.com/gluster/community
>   - Host has to send the meeting minutes as a mail to the gluster-devel and gluster-users list.
>

> ### Notetaker
>
> * Who will take notes from the next meeting? [Nikhil]
>

> ### RoundTable
>
> * No concerns
>

> ### Action Items on host
> * Check-in Minutes of meeting for this meeting
>
> Community Meeting Calendar:
>
> Schedule -
> Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 14:30 IST / 09:00 UTC
> Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968
>

> Gluster-devel mailing list
> Gluster-devel at gluster.org

sankarshan at kadalu.io | TZ: UTC+0530 | +91 99606 03294
kadalu.io : Making it easy to provision storage in k8s!