[Gluster-users] Meeting minutes for Gluster Community Meeting on 27-10-2020
nladha at redhat.com
Fri Oct 30 07:37:20 UTC 2020
# Gluster Community Meeting - 27/10/2020
### Previous Meeting minutes:
- Details of this meeting
### Date/Time: Check the [community calendar](
* APAC/EMEA friendly hours
- Tuesday 13/10/2020, 02:30PM IST
- Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968
- Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
- Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/118564314
Name (#gluster-dev alias) - company
* Nikhil Ladha - Red Hat
* sankarshan - Kadalu.IO
* Pranith Kumar Karampuri - PhonePe
* Vinayak Hariharmath - RedHat
* Ravi - Red Hat
* Sunil Kumar - Red Hat
* Amar Tumballi - Kadalu.IO
* Saju Mohammed - RedHat
* Shwetha Acharya - RedHat
* Aravinda Vishwanathapura (aravindavk) - Kadalu.io
* Csaba Henk - Red Hat
* Rinku Kothiya - Red Hat
* Barak Sason Rofman - Red Hat
* Deepshikha - Red Hat
* Srijan Sivakumar - Red Hat
### User stories
* No new stories.
* Project metrics:
| Metrics | Value |
| ------------------------- | -------- |
|[Coverity](https://scan.coverity.com/projects/gluster-glusterfs) | 61 |
|[Clang Scan](https://build.gluster.org/job/clang-scan/lastBuild/) | 87 |
|[Gluster User Queries in last 14 days](
| 13 |
|[Total Github issues](https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues) |
* Any release updates?
* [Rinku] We do not have enough patches tagged for Release7 and
Release8 hence I propose to delay the release to next month, in case we get
enough patches tagged for release-8 and release-7 we can consider releasing
* Blocker / Severe issues across the project?
* [Amar] https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/1699
* [Deepshika] [Document](
mentioning the criterias to be a member of gluster org [Under review]
* Notable thread from mailing list
### Conferences / Meetups
* Event dates: The whole month of October.
* Venue: Online
### GlusterFS - v9.0 and beyond
* Gluster release 9 roadmap [tracker](
* Everything is on track. Good progress on the issues.
### Developer focus
* Any design specs to discuss?
* Updated permissions for running regression tests
* Stale bot
* Topic raised by Pranith around
discussion around the [stalebot](
workflow. Pranith to raise an issue track proposed changes to kick in
stalebot earlier than the 7 month cycle
* https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/910 (look at the
comment on stalebot)
* We can choose to use a 'label'.
* Quota - What next?
* Check the RFC -
* There is a need for the feature.
### Component status
* Arbiter - Stable / Maintained
* AFR - Update on granular self-heal entry
* DHT - [Barak] Will send out an invite for a session regarding Global
Layout and Rebalance enhancments
* EC - Satble / Maintained
* DOC - [Pranith] Will be sending out a PR for updates.
* Geo Replication - Stable
* Glusterd - Stable / Maintained
### Recent Blog posts / Document updates
* Who will host next meeting? [Nikhil]
- Host will need to send out the agenda 24hr - 12hrs in advance to
mailing list, and also make sure to send the meeting minutes.
- Host will need to reach out to one user at least who can talk about
their usecase, their experience, and their needs.
- Host needs to send meeting minutes as PR to
- Host has to send the meeting minutes as a mail to the gluster-devel and
* Who will take notes from the next meeting? [Nikhil]
* No concerns
### Action Items on host
* Check-in Minutes of meeting for this meeting
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gluster-users