[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Meeting minutes for Gluster Community Meeting on 27-10-2020

Nikhil Ladha nladha at redhat.com
Fri Oct 30 09:15:03 UTC 2020

Hello Sankarshan, please see the replies inline below.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 2:27 PM sankarshan <sankarshan at kadalu.io> wrote:

> Nikhil, thank you for being the host of the meeting and this follow up
> note to the lists. Some remarks in-line
>
> On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 at 13:07, Nikhil Ladha <nladha at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > # Gluster Community Meeting -  27/10/2020
> >

> > ### Previous Meeting minutes:
> >
> > - http://github.com/gluster/community
> > - Details of this meeting
> >
> > ### Date/Time: Check the [community calendar](
> https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=MDQ0YmRydTllMXYzdWFoMmpsbjdqNXJlYmNfMjAyMDEwMjdUMDkwMDAwWiBzYWptb2hhbUByZWRoYXQuY29t&tmsrc=sajmoham%40redhat.com&scp=ALL
> )
> >
> > ### Bridge
> > * APAC/EMEA friendly hours
> >   - Tuesday 13/10/2020, 02:30PM IST
> >   - Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968
> > * NA
> >   - Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
> >   - Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/118564314
> >

> Are these meeting bridge detail still correct and do we continue to
> have a meeting in NA time slices?

Not sure about the NA time slices, but yes the bridge for the APAC needs to
be updated. I will send a PR to https://github.com/gluster/community for
the changes in the template itself.

> > -------
> >
> > ### Attendance
> > Name (#gluster-dev alias) - company
> > * Nikhil Ladha - Red Hat
> > * sankarshan - Kadalu.IO
> > * Pranith Kumar Karampuri - PhonePe
> > * Vinayak Hariharmath - RedHat
> > * Ravi - Red Hat
> > * Sunil Kumar - Red Hat
> > * Amar Tumballi - Kadalu.IO
> > * Saju Mohammed - RedHat
> > * Shwetha Acharya - RedHat
> > * Aravinda Vishwanathapura (aravindavk) - Kadalu.io
> > * Csaba Henk - Red Hat
> > * Rinku Kothiya - Red Hat
> > * Barak Sason Rofman - Red Hat
> > * Deepshikha - Red Hat
> > * Srijan Sivakumar - Red Hat
> >
> > ### User stories
> > * No new stories.
> >

> This section has not been seeing updates for a while now - do we want
> to continue to have this? Is there a better alternative?

It may come in handy if there is one in future meetings that needs some
discussion.

> > ### Community
> >
> > * Project metrics:
> >
> > |    Metrics                |   Value  |
> > | ------------------------- | -------- |
> > |[Coverity](https://scan.coverity.com/projects/gluster-glusterfs)  |
> 61  |
> > |[Clang Scan](https://build.gluster.org/job/clang-scan/lastBuild/) |
>  87  |
> > |[Test coverage](
> https://build.gluster.org/job/line-coverage/lastCompletedBuild/Line_20Coverage_20Report/)|
>   70.9 |
> > |[Gluster User Queries in last 14 days](
> https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2020-October/thread.html)
>       |     13     |
> > |[Total Github issues](https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues)
>    |    401   |
> >

> > * Any release updates?
> >     * [Rinku] We do not have enough patches tagged for Release7 and
> Release8 hence I propose to delay the release to next month, in case we get
> enough patches tagged for release-8 and release-7 we can consider releasing
> a build.
> >

> I missed following up on this during the meeting - what is being done
> to ensure that there is no repeat of the paucity of patches ie.
> content for the release?

All the members are requested to add appropriate tags to their PRs, so as
to avoid this in the future.

> > * Blocker / Severe issues across the project?
> >     * [Amar] https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/1699
> >     * [Deepshika] [Document](
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vxf24dLPSCmVBfJ7PfO5bN28r9slfyoJufZX2GOzlTc/edit?usp=sharing)
> mentioning the criterias to be a member of gluster org   [Under review]
> >

> The process document from Deepshikha would need a "by this date"
> deadline for the reviews to come in.

Not sure about any such deadline, but I suppose we have people already
commenting on the doc itself to get some insights into the progress.

> > * Notable thread from mailing list
> >     * None
> >

> This section is usually empty of content - are there truly no threads
> worth of note or is there absence of reading of the lists?

I can't comment on that. It's a general question, so if anyone finds
anything notable from their end they can bring it up in the meeting.