[Gluster-users] Upgrade from 6.9 to 7.7 stuck (peer is rejected)

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Mon Oct 26 14:39:17 UTC 2020

Il 26/10/20 15:09, mabi ha scritto:

> Right, seen liked that this sounds reasonable. Do you actually remember the exact command you ran in order to remove the brick? I was thinking this should be it:
> gluster volume remove-brick <VOLNAME> <BRICK> force
> but should I use "force" or "start"?
Memory does not serve me well (there are 28 disks, not 26!), but bash
history does :)
# gluster volume remove-brick BigVol replica 2
str957-biostq:/srv/arbiters/{00..27}/BigVol force
# gluster peer detach str957-biostq
# gluster peer probe str957-biostq
# gluster volume add-brick BigVol replica 3 arbiter 1
str957-biostq:/srv/arbiters/{00..27}/BigVol

You obviously have to wait for remove-brick to complete before detaching
arbiter.

>> IIRC it took about 3 days, but the arbiters are on a VM (8CPU, 8GB RAM)
>> that uses an iSCSI disk. More than 80% continuous load on both CPUs and RAM.
> That's quite long I must say and I am in the same case as you, my arbiter is a VM.
Give all the CPU and RAM you can. Less than 8GB RAM is asking for
troubles (in my case).

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia