[Gluster-users] Upgrade from 6.9 to 7.7 stuck (peer is rejected)

mabi mabi at protonmail.ch
Mon Oct 26 14:09:22 UTC 2020

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, October 26, 2020 2:56 PM, Diego Zuccato <diego.zuccato at unibo.it> wrote:

> The volume is built by 26 10TB disks w/ genetic data. I currently don't
> have exact numbers, but it's still at the beginning, so there are a bit
> less than 10TB actually used.
> But you're only removing the arbiters, you always have two copies of
> your files. The worst that can happen is a split brain condition
> (avoidable by requiring a 2-nodes quorum, in that case the worst is that
> the volume goes readonly).

Right, seen liked that this sounds reasonable. Do you actually remember the exact command you ran in order to remove the brick? I was thinking this should be it:

gluster volume remove-brick <VOLNAME> <BRICK> force

but should I use "force" or "start"?

> IIRC it took about 3 days, but the arbiters are on a VM (8CPU, 8GB RAM)
> that uses an iSCSI disk. More than 80% continuous load on both CPUs and RAM.

That's quite long I must say and I am in the same case as you, my arbiter is a VM.