[Gluster-users] Upgrade from 6.9 to 7.7 stuck (peer is rejected)

mabi mabi at protonmail.ch
Mon Oct 26 14:53:35 UTC 2020

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, October 26, 2020 3:39 PM, Diego Zuccato <diego.zuccato at unibo.it> wrote:

> Memory does not serve me well (there are 28 disks, not 26!), but bash
> history does :)

Yes, I also too often rely on history ;)

> gluster volume remove-brick BigVol replica 2 str957-biostq:/srv/arbiters/{00..27}/BigVol force

Thanks for the info, I was missing the "replica 2" inside the command it looks like

> gluster peer detach str957-biostq
> gluster peer probe str957-biostq

Do I really need to do a detach and re-probe the aribter node? I would like to avoid that because I have two other volumes with even more files... so that would mean that I have to remove the arbiter brick of the two other volumes too...

> Give all the CPU and RAM you can. Less than 8GB RAM is asking for
> troubles (in my case).

I have added an extra 4 GB of RAM just in case.