[Gluster-users] State of Gluster project

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Thu Jun 18 17:09:23 UTC 2020

18.06.2020 20:41, Stephan von Krawczynski пишет:
> Since 2009 when I entered the list there was not a single month where
> there
> were no complaints about gluster being slow.

It is slow not because client works in userspace, we have no problems
with cpu load here, caused by context switching, yes, this also adds
delay, but it is acceptable in our case.

Really, I don't know why it is slow.

And yes, we know how it looks when userspace applications reach limits-
for instance, openvpn works in userspace too and is siglethreaded, so
yes, we hit this limitation during this idiotic "self"isolation
providing remote access for hundreds of users.

>   I wonder if you could accept
> after 11 years and the projects near death

Near death? Really?

AFAIK ( I'm not one who runs gluster servers, I'm one who helps to fix
them ), we have no gluster crashes for about a year now, this is not
death, this is stable state :-)

Oh, I already wrote this...