[Gluster-users] State of Gluster project

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw.ml at ithnet.com
Thu Jun 18 16:41:34 UTC 2020

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 07:40:36 -0700
Joe Julian <joe at julianfamily.org> wrote:

> You're still here and still hurt about that? It was never intended to be in
> kernel. It was always intended to run in userspace. After all these years I
> thought you'd be over that by now.

Top Poster ;-)

And in fact, it's not true. The clear message to me once was: we are not able
to make a kernel version.
Which I understood as: we have not the knowledge to do that.
Since that was quite some time before Red Hat stepped in there was still hope
that some day someone capable may come ...
Since 2009 when I entered the list there was not a single month where there
were no complaints about gluster being slow. I wonder if you could accept
after 11 years and the projects near death now that I was right from the very
first day.

Stephan