[Gluster-users] How to fix I/O error ? (resend)

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Fri Aug 28 11:47:02 UTC 2020

Il 28/08/20 10:31, Felix Kölzow ha scritto:

> I faced a directory were a simple ls leads to input/output error.
I saw something similar, but the directory was OK, except some files
that reported "??" (IIRC in the size field). That got healed automatically.

> I cd into the corresponding directory on the brick and I did a ls
> command and it works.
Well, you have to check all the bricks of a replica to be sure to get
all the files.

> # while read item
> # do
> # rm -rf $item
> # done < /tmp/mylist
Before this I'd have saved the files outside of the bricks :)

> Thats it. Afterwards, I copied the deleted files back from our backup.
Ah, you had a backup! :)

> Please give me a hint if this procedure also works for you.Different situation. But could probably work. Except for the fact we
don't have a backup of those files :( Our volume is mostly used for
archiving, so writes are rare. I know really well redundancy is no
substitute for a backup (with redundancy only, if a file gets deleted,
it's lost -- for this, a WORM translator could be useful :) ).

BTW, in my case I noticed that having the two replicas online and
bringing down the arbiters brought back online the files, so I
completely removed the abriter bricks (degrading to replica 2) and I'm
now slowly re-adding 'em to have "replica 3 arbiter 1" again (see "node
sizing" thread).

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia