[Gluster-users] How to fix I/O error ? (resend)

Felix Kölzow felix.koelzow at gmx.de
Fri Aug 28 08:31:08 UTC 2020

Dear Diego,

I faced a similar issue on gluster 6.0 and I was able to resolve it (at
least in my case).

Observation:

I faced a directory were a simple ls leads to input/output error.

I cd into the corresponding directory on the brick and I did a ls
command and it works.

I got a list of all the file names

# ls -1v * > /tmp/mylist

Afterwards, I cd into the directory of interest on the MOUNTPOINT and I
removed all the files which are obviously hidden

due to the input/output error:

# while read item

# do

# rm -rf $item

# done < /tmp/mylist

Thats it. Afterwards, I copied the deleted files back from our backup.

Please give me a hint if this procedure also works for you.

Regards,

Felix