[Gluster-users] Constant fuse client crashes "fixed" by setting performance.write-behind: off. Any hope for a 4.1.8 release?

Ville-Pekka Vainio ville-pekka.vainio at csc.fi
Wed Mar 20 11:07:27 UTC 2019

> On 18 Mar 2019, at 21.33, brandon at thinkhuge.net wrote:
>
> Has this "performance.write-behind: off" setting continued to be all you needed to workaround the issue?

For us, yes. Before using that setting we mainly saw the crashes when trying to do directory listings of huge directories (with 7 000 to 10 000 sub-directories).

A question to the gluster developers: According to https://www.gluster.org/release-schedule/ the 4.1 branch should still be maintained. However, a release with these fixes has not been made. Will there be a release at some point or should we start preparing for an upgrade to gluster 5.x?

Regards,
Ville-Pekka Vainio