[Gluster-users] Docu - how to debug issues

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 06:33:25 UTC 2019

On 20/03/19 10:29 AM, Strahil wrote:

> Hello Community,
>
> Is there a docu page clearing what information is needed to be
> gathered in advance in order to help the devs resolve issues ?
> So far I couldn't find one - but I have missed that.

volume info, gluster version of the clients/servers and all gluster logs
under /var/log/glusterfs/ are the first things that you would need to
provide if you were to raise a  bugzilla or a github issue. After that,
it is mostly issue specific. Some pointers are there in
https://docs.gluster.org/en/latest/Troubleshooting/.

A consistent reproducer is also something that is good to have as it
helps speed up the RCA.

HTH,
Ravi