[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Bitrot: Time of signing depending on the file size???

Kotresh Hiremath Ravishankar khiremat at redhat.com
Fri Mar 1 17:29:01 UTC 2019

Interesting observation! But as discussed in the thread bitrot signing
processes depends 2 min timeout (by default) after last fd closes. It
doesn't have any co-relation with the size of the file.
Did you happen to verify that the fd was still open for large files for
some reason?

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 1:19 PM David Spisla <spisla80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I did some observations concerning the bitrot daemon. It seems to be that
> the bitrot signer is signing files depending on file size. I copied files
> with different sizes into a volume and I was wonderung because the files
> get their signature not the same time (I keep the expiry time default with
> 120). Here are some examples:
>
> 300 KB file ~2-3 m
> 70 MB file ~ 40 m
> 115 MB file ~ 1 Sh
> 800 MB file ~ 4,5 h
>
> What is the expected behaviour here?
> Why does it take so long to sign a 800MB file?
> What about 500GB or 1TB?
> Is there a way to speed up the sign process?
>
> My ambition is to understand this observation
>
> Regards
> David Spisla

Thanks and Regards,
Kotresh H R