[Gluster-users] gluster and qcow2 images

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 28 15:06:48 UTC 2019

 Hi Markus,
this is one of the popular approaches in oVirt.
Currently I'm running oVirt (KVM with management layer) over a shared storage - gluster v6.3.
It's doable and if properly configured - you can rely on it without any issues.
Have you considered oVirt as a solution instead of pure KVM ?
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

    В петък, 28 юни 2019 г., 10:54:49 ч. Гринуич-4, Marcus Schopen <lists at localguru.de> написа:

 Hi,

does anyone have experience with gluster in KVM environments? I would
like to hold qcow2 images of a KVM host with a second KVM host in sync.
Unfortunately, shared storage is not available to me, only the
two KVM hosts. In principle, it would be sufficient for me - in case of
a failure of the first KVM host - to start the guests on the second
host by hand without restoring the images from the nightly backup
first. The question is, is glusterfs a sensible solution here or
should one better use other approaches e.g. DRBD. I have read
contradictory statements about this, many advise against using gluster
for qcow2 images, some report no problems at all.

Cheers
Marcus