[Gluster-users] gluster and qcow2 images

Marcus Schopen lists at localguru.de
Fri Jun 28 14:43:36 UTC 2019

Hi,

does anyone have experience with gluster in KVM environments? I would
like to hold qcow2 images of a KVM host with a second KVM host in sync.
Unfortunately, shared storage is not available to me, only the
two KVM hosts. In principle, it would be sufficient for me - in case of
a failure of the first KVM host - to start the guests on the second
host by hand without restoring the images from the nightly backup
first. The question is, is glusterfs a sensible solution here or
should one better use other approaches e.g. DRBD. I have read
contradictory statements about this, many advise against using gluster
for qcow2 images, some report no problems at all.

Cheers
Marcus