[Gluster-users] 'dirfingerprint' to get glusterfs directory stats

Manhong Dai daimh at umich.edu
Mon Jan 7 20:46:00 UTC 2019

Hi,

     I released a python program 'dirfingerprint' at
https://github.com/daimh/dirfingerprint/  . We have been using this
program to get directory stat recursively from each brick node for
glusterfs filesystem. as it is always slower to access file meta data
info from gluster filesystem indirectly than brick node directly.

     In our environment, I did the steps below before accessing brick nodes.

1, generate a ssh key, and put it under all brick nodes.

2, ssh to each brick node so '.ssh/known_hosts' has an entry for each node.

3, as all our brick node has the actual data storage mounted under
/brick, the dirfingerprint command I used is something like

dirfingerprint --gluster-brick=node1:/brick --gluster-brick=node2:/brick
/home

     Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Best,

Manhong