[Gluster-users] Version uplift query

Ingo Fischer ingo at fischer-ka.de
Wed Feb 27 15:24:32 UTC 2019

Hi Amar,

sorry to jump into this thread with an connected question.

When installing via "apt-get" and so using debian packages and also
systemd to start/stop glusterd is the online upgrade process from
3.x/4.x to 5.x still needed as described at
https://docs.gluster.org/en/latest/Upgrade-Guide/upgrade_to_4.1/ ?

Especially because there is manual killall and such for processes
handled by systemd in my case. Or is there an other upgrade guide or
recommendations for use on ubuntu?

Would systemctl stop glusterd, then using apt-get update with changes
sources and a reboot be enough?

Ingo