[Gluster-users] [ovirt-users] Tracking down high writes in GlusterFS volume

Krutika Dhananjay kdhananj at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 07:01:17 UTC 2019

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 12:30 AM Jayme <jaymef at gmail.com> wrote:

> Running an oVirt 4.3 HCI 3-way replica cluster with SSD backed storage.
> I've noticed that my SSD writes (smart Total_LBAs_Written) are quite high
> on one particular drive.  Specifically I've noticed one volume is much much
> higher total bytes written than others (despite using less overall space).

Writes are higher on one particular volume? Or did one brick witness more
writes than its two replicas within the same volume? Could you share the
volume info output of the affected volume plus the name of the affected
brick if at all the issue is with one single brick?

Also, did you check if the volume was undergoing any heals (`gluster volume
heal <VOLNAME> info`)?

-Krutika

My volume is writing over 1TB of data per day (by my manual calculation,