[Gluster-users] gluster remove-brick

mohammad kashif kashif.alig at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 11:09:01 UTC 2019

Hi Nithya

Thanks for replying so quickly. It is very much appreciated.

There are lots if  " [No space left on device] " errors which I can not
understand as there are much space on all of the nodes.

A little bit of background will be useful in this case. I had cluster of
seven nodes of varying capacity(73, 73, 73, 46, 46, 46,46 TB) .  The
cluster was almost 90% full so every node has almost 8 to 15 TB free
space.  I added two new nodes with 100TB each and ran fix-layout which
completed successfully.

After that I started remove-brick operation.  I don't think that any point
, any of the nodes were 100% full. Looking at my ganglia graph, there is
minimum 5TB always available at every node.

I was keeping an eye on remove-brick status and for very long time there
was no failures and then at some point these 17000 failures appeared and it
stayed like that.

 Thanks

Kashif

Let me explain a little bit of background.