[Gluster-users] vfs_gluster broken

Terry McGuire tmcguire at ualberta.ca
Tue Sep 11 21:10:52 UTC 2018

Hello list.  I had happily been sharing a Gluster volume with Samba using vfs_gluster, but it has recently stopped working right.  I think it might have been after updating Samba from 4.6.2 to 4.7.1 (as part of updating CentOS 7.4 to 7.5).   The shares suffer a variety of weird issues, including:

- sporadic connection refusals (credentials are accepted as valid, but volume is unavailable)
- on Mac, when attempting to write a file: "The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -50)."
- on Windows, sometimes when writing and sometimes when reading: "Z:\ is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect"
-on Mac and Windows, the contents of the volume in Finder/Explorer windows sometimes disappears, sometimes reappearing later, sometimes not.
- on Mac (and similar on Windows), volume icon sometimes disappears - maybe the volume unmounts, but it's unclear.

All these issues vanish when I switch to sharing the FUSE-mounted volume, but, of course, I lose the advantages of vfs_gluster.

My gluster version initially was 3.10.12.  I’ve since updated to gluster 3.12.13, but the symptoms are the same.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Regards,
Terry

Terry McGuire
Information Services and Technology (IST)
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada  T6G 2H1
Phone:  780-492-9422