[Gluster-users] does your samba work with 4.1.x (centos 7.5)

Diego Remolina dijuremo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 15:19:53 UTC 2018

Hmmm yes and no...

Have had problems with samba 4.7.x from Centos repos and Gluster
3.10.x when using plugin vfs gluster to access shares so I had to use
fuse mounts and point samba to fuse mounts.

I tried an upgrade to glusterfs 4.1.5 a couple days ago and samba
worked with it but still using fuse mounts, not vfs gluster.

A while back a combination of samba vfs plugin ans gluster broke the
use of Autodesk Revit files stored in gluster. However since I am
still running 3.10.12, I am not able to open any bug reports or
anything given it is no longer supported. I was hopping to do that
with gluster 4.1.5, but had to roll back to 3.10.12.

These are my current rpms (one version behind in samba) from Centos:

rpm -qa | grep samba
samba-client-libs-4.7.1-6.el7.x86_64
samba-common-4.7.1-6.el7.noarch
samba-common-libs-4.7.1-6.el7.x86_64
samba-4.7.1-6.el7.x86_64
samba-vfs-glusterfs-4.7.1-6.el7.x86_64
samba-libs-4.7.1-6.el7.x86_64
samba-common-tools-4.7.1-6.el7.x86_64

rpm -qa | grep gluster
glusterfs-api-3.10.12-1.el7.x86_64
glusterfs-3.10.12-1.el7.x86_64
glusterfs-client-xlators-3.10.12-1.el7.x86_64
centos-release-gluster310-1.0-1.el7.centos.noarch
glusterfs-fuse-3.10.12-1.el7.x86_64
glusterfs-server-3.10.12-1.el7.x86_64
samba-vfs-glusterfs-4.7.1-6.el7.x86_64
glusterfs-libs-3.10.12-1.el7.x86_64
glusterfs-rdma-3.10.12-1.el7.x86_64
libvirt-daemon-driver-storage-gluster-3.9.0-14.el7_5.8.x86_64
glusterfs-cli-3.10.12-1.el7.x86_64

Diego