[Gluster-users] does your samba work with 4.1.x (centos 7.5)

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 15:08:58 UTC 2018

On 11/9/18 8:12 AM, lejeczek wrote:
> hi guys
>
> I presume because 4.1.x has been in EPEL repo it is confirmed and
> validated to work 100% with default samba installation.

GlusterFS — any version — is _not_ in EPEL.

However it is in the CentOS Storage SIG.

> But, I'd prefer to here you guys say you ACTUALLY have your samba work
> 100% with 4.1.x. Anybody?

Nobody has built Samba in the CentOS Storage SIG with GlusterFS support.
Not for a long time anyway. The last time it was built was over four
years ago — for el6.

It would be great if someone in one of the Gluster, Samba, or CentOS
communities would start building it on a regular basis.

Any volunteers?

--

Kaleb