[Gluster-users] unable to remove ACLs

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Wed May 2 17:30:46 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 3:54 AM, lejeczek <peljasz at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 01/05/18 23:59, Vijay Bellur wrote:
>

>> On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 5:46 AM, lejeczek <peljasz at yahoo.co.uk <mailto:
>> peljasz at yahoo.co.uk>> wrote:
>>
>>     hi guys
>>
>>     I have a simple case of:
>>     $ setfacl -b
>>     not working!
>>     I copy a folder outside of autofs mounted gluster vol,
>>     to a regular fs and removing acl works as expected.
>>     Inside mounted gluster vol I seem to be able to
>>     modify/remove ACLs for users, groups and masks but
>>     that one simple, important thing does not work.
>>     It is also not the case of default ACLs being enforced
>>     from the parent, for I mkdir a folder next to that
>>     problematic folder and there are not ACLs, as expected.
>>
>>     glusterfs 3.12.9, Centos 7.4
>>
>>     Any thoughts, suggestions?
>>

>> Are you mounting glusterfs with -o acl ?  In the case you are not,
>> mounting with option acl is necessary for glusterfs to honor ACLs.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Vijay
>>

>> surely I'm. Otherwise I'd have no "working" acls, right? Like I say, I
> can operate setfacl and this seems to work except, I cannot remove acl
> completely with "-b" which should just work, right?

Yes, it should ideally work.

> I think it should be easily reproducible, my setup is pretty "regular".
> I'm on Centos 7.4 and mount via autofs/manuall. Anybody can check that?

Here's a test that passed with a manual mount while using 3.12.9:

[root at deepthought ~]# mount -t glusterfs -o acl deepthought:/foo
/mnt/gluster
[root at deepthought ~]# cd /mnt/gluster/
[root at deepthought gluster]# setfacl -m u:nobody:rw foo
[root at deepthought gluster]# getfacl foo
# file: foo
# owner: root
# group: root
user::-w-
user:nobody:rw-
group::r--
mask::rw-
other::r--

[root at deepthought gluster]# setfacl -b foo
[root at deepthought gluster]# echo $?
0
[root at deepthought gluster]# getfacl foo
# file: foo
# owner: root
# group: root
user::-w-
group::r--
other::r--

Can you please share the sequence of acl commands that causes "setfacl -b"
to fail in your setup?

Thanks,
Vijay