[Gluster-users] unable to remove ACLs

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 2 10:54:01 UTC 2018

On 01/05/18 23:59, Vijay Bellur wrote:

> On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 5:46 AM, lejeczek
> <peljasz at yahoo.co.uk <mailto:peljasz at yahoo.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     hi guys
>
>     I have a simple case of:
>     $ setfacl -b
>     not working!
>     I copy a folder outside of autofs mounted gluster vol,
>     to a regular fs and removing acl works as expected.
>     Inside mounted gluster vol I seem to be able to
>     modify/remove ACLs for users, groups and masks but
>     that one simple, important thing does not work.
>     It is also not the case of default ACLs being enforced
>     from the parent, for I mkdir a folder next to that
>     problematic folder and there are not ACLs, as expected.
>
>     glusterfs 3.12.9, Centos 7.4
>
>     Any thoughts, suggestions?
>

> Are you mounting glusterfs with -o acl ?  In the case you
> are not, mounting with option acl is necessary for
> glusterfs to honor ACLs.
>
> Regards,
> Vijay

surely I'm. Otherwise I'd have no "working" acls, right?
Like I say, I can operate setfacl and this seems to work
except, I cannot remove acl completely with "-b" which
should just work, right?

I think it should be easily reproducible, my setup is pretty
"regular". I'm on Centos 7.4 and mount via autofs/manuall.
Anybody can check that?