[Gluster-users] Can't heal a volume: "Please check if all brick processes are running."

Anatoliy Dmytriyev tolid at tolid.eu.org
Wed Mar 14 13:22:44 UTC 2018

Thanks

On 2018-03-14 13:50, Karthik Subrahmanya wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 5:42 PM, Karthik Subrahmanya <ksubrahm at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 3:36 PM, Anatoliy Dmytriyev <tolid at tolid.eu.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Karthik,
>
> Thanks a lot for the explanation.
>
> Does it mean a distributed volume health can be checked only by "gluster volume status " command?
> Yes. I am not aware of any other command which can give the status of plain distribute volume which is similar to the heal info command for replicate/disperse volumes.
>
> And one more question: cluster.min-free-disk is 10% by default. What kind of "side effects" can we face if this option will be reduced to, for example, 5%? Could you point to any best practice document(s)?
> Yes you can decrease it to any value. There won't be any side effect.

Small correction here, min-free-disk should ideally be set to larger
than the largest file size likely to be written. Decreasing it beyond a
point raises the likelihood of the brick getting full which is a very
bad state to be in.
Will update you if I get some document which explains this thing. Sorry
for the previous statement.

Best regards,
Anatoliy

--