[Gluster-users] gluster becomes too slow, need frequent stop-start or reboot

Anh Vo vtqanh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 17:00:36 UTC 2018

Anyone able to help us troubleshoot this issue? This is getting worse. We
are back to our 3-replica setup but the issue is still happening. What we
have found is that if I just bring one set of bricks offline. For example
if I have (0 1 2) (3 4 5) (6 7 8) (9 10 11) and if I take the bricks 0 3 6
9, or bricks 1 4 7 10 offline then performance is super fast. The moment
all bricks are online things become very slow. It seems like gluster is
having some sort of lock contention between its members. During the period
of slowness gluster profile would show excessive time spent in LOOKUP,
FINODELK

     11.60     752.64 us      10.00 us 2647757.00 us      272476323
LOOKUP
     15.83    6884.12 us      29.00 us 2190470.00 us       40626259
 WRITE
     27.84   80480.22 us      40.00 us 11731910.00 us        6114072
FXATTROP
     37.83  105125.18 us      12.00 us 276088722.00 us        6359515
FINODELK

We have about one or two months before we need to make a decision to keep
Gluster and so far it has been a lot of headache.