[Gluster-users] storhaug, a utility for setting up gluster+nfs-ganesha highly available NFSv3, NFSv4, NFSv4.1

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Mon Jun 18 11:29:07 UTC 2018

On 06/15/2018 03:37 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> YAY!!!
>
> Glad to see this!
>
> Now for a specific use case question:
>
> I have a 3-node gluster service in replica 3. Each node has multiple
> network interfaces: a 40G ethernet and a 40G Infiniband with TCP. The
> infiniband is a separate IP network from the 40G ethernet. There is no
> (known) way to bridge the two networks.
>
> How do I get the HA to work with dual (or more) networks?
The CTDB docs
(https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Adding_public_IP_addresses) seem to
suggest you can have multiple IPs per node, i.e. on multiple NICs,
managed by CTDB.

I'd guess that the /etc/ctdb/public_addresses file might look something
like this:

  192.168.122.85 eth0
  192.168.123.85 ib0
  192.168.122.86 eth0
  192.168.123.86 ib0
  192.168.122.87 eth0
  192.168.123.87 ib0

This might be a better question to ask in a Samba/CTDB forum. Or perhaps
Günther or Michael can point to some better documentation than what I
was able to find.

--

Kaleb