[Gluster-users] Rebalance taking > 2 months

Rusty Bower rusty at rustybower.com
Mon Jul 16 00:43:18 UTC 2018

 Hey folks,

I just added a new brick to my existing gluster volume, but *gluster volume
rebalance data status* is telling me the following: Estimated time left for
rebalance to complete : > 2 months. Please try again later.

I already did a fix-mapping, but this thing is absolutely crawling trying
to rebalance everything (last estimate was ~40 years)

Any thoughts on if this is a bug, or ways to speed this up? It's taking ~6
hours to scan 6000 files, which seems unreasonably slow.

Thanks
Rusty