[Gluster-users] Rebalance taking > 2 months

Nithya Balachandran nbalacha at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 04:44:37 UTC 2018

Hi Rusty,

We need the following information:

   1. The exact gluster version you are running
   2. gluster volume info <volname>
   3. gluster rebalance status
   4. Information on the directory structure and file locations on your
   volume.
   5. How many levels of directories
   6. How many files and directories in each level
   7. How many directories and files in total (a rough estimate)
   8. Average file size

Please note that having a rebalance running in the background should not
affect your volume access in any way. However I would like to know why only
6000 files have been scanned in 6 hours.

Regards,
Nithya