[Gluster-users] promote arbiter to full replica

Karthik Subrahmanya ksubrahm at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 05:49:41 UTC 2018

Hi,

Yes you can do that.
- Make sure "gluster volume heal <volname> info" is zero.
- Remove the arbiter brick using the command "gluster volume remove-brick
<volname> replica 2 <host:path-of-arbiter-brick>"
- Add a new brick of same size as of the other 2 data brick using the
command "gluster volume add-brick <volname> replica 3 <host:new-brick-path>"
- heal info should become zero after some time (depends on the amount of
data needs to be replicated to the new brick)

HTH,
Karthik