[Gluster-users] add geo-replication "passive" node after node replacement

Kotresh Hiremath Ravishankar khiremat at redhat.com
Wed Feb 7 13:42:45 UTC 2018

Hi,

When S3 is added to master volume from new node, the following cmd should
be run to generate and distribute ssh keys

1. Generate ssh keys from new node

       #gluster system:: execute gsec_create

2. Push those ssh keys of new node to slave

push-pem force

3. Stop and start geo-rep

But note that while removing brick and adding a brick, you should make sure
the data from the brick being removed is synced
to slave.

Thanks,
Kotresh HR

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 4:21 PM, Stefano Bagnara <lists at bago.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i had a replica 2 gluster 3.12 between S1 and S2 (1 brick per node)
> geo-replicated to S5 where both S1 and S2 were visible in the
> geo-replication status and S2 "active" while S1 "passive".
>
> I had to replace S1 with S3, so I did an
> "add-brick  replica 3 S3"
> and then
> "remove-brick replica 2 S1".
>
> Now I have again a replica 2 gluster between S3 and S2 but the
> geo-replica only show S2 as active and no other peer involved. So it
> seems S3 does not know about the geo-replica and it is not ready to
> geo-replicate in case S2 goes down.
>
> Here was the original geo-rep status
>
> # gluster volume geo-replication status
>
> MASTER NODE    MASTER VOL    MASTER BRICK       SLAVE USER    SLAVE
>                            SLAVE NODE    STATUS     CRAWL STATUS
> LAST_SYNCED
> S2     sharedvol     /home/sharedvol    root
> ssh://S5::sharedvolslave    S5    Passive    N/A                N/A
> S1     sharedvol     /home/sharedvol    root
> ssh://S5::sharedvolslave    S5    Active     Changelog Crawl
> 2018-02-07 10:18:57
>
> Here is the new geo-replication stauts
>
> # gluster volume geo-replication status
>
> MASTER NODE    MASTER VOL    MASTER BRICK       SLAVE USER    SLAVE
>                            SLAVE NODE    STATUS    CRAWL STATUS
> LAST_SYNCED
> S2     sharedvol     /home/sharedvol    root
> ssh://S5::sharedvolslave    S5    Active    Changelog Crawl
> 2018-02-07 11:48:31
>

> How can I add S3 as a passive node in the geo-replica to S5 ??
>
> Thank you,
> Stefano

Thanks and Regards,
Kotresh H R