[Gluster-users] add geo-replication "passive" node after node replacement

Stefano Bagnara lists at bago.org
Wed Feb 7 10:51:01 UTC 2018

Hi all,

i had a replica 2 gluster 3.12 between S1 and S2 (1 brick per node)
geo-replicated to S5 where both S1 and S2 were visible in the
geo-replication status and S2 "active" while S1 "passive".

I had to replace S1 with S3, so I did an
"add-brick  replica 3 S3"
and then
"remove-brick replica 2 S1".

Now I have again a replica 2 gluster between S3 and S2 but the
geo-replica only show S2 as active and no other peer involved. So it
seems S3 does not know about the geo-replica and it is not ready to
geo-replicate in case S2 goes down.

Here was the original geo-rep status

# gluster volume geo-replication status

MASTER NODE    MASTER VOL    MASTER BRICK       SLAVE USER    SLAVE
                           SLAVE NODE    STATUS     CRAWL STATUS
LAST_SYNCED
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S2     sharedvol     /home/sharedvol    root
ssh://S5::sharedvolslave    S5    Passive    N/A                N/A
S1     sharedvol     /home/sharedvol    root
ssh://S5::sharedvolslave    S5    Active     Changelog Crawl
2018-02-07 10:18:57

Here is the new geo-replication stauts

S2     sharedvol     /home/sharedvol    root
ssh://S5::sharedvolslave    S5    Active    Changelog Crawl
2018-02-07 11:48:31

How can I add S3 as a passive node in the geo-replica to S5 ??

Thank you,
Stefano