[Gluster-users] file metadata operations performance - gluster 4.1

Davide Obbi davide.obbi at booking.com
Thu Aug 23 13:41:44 UTC 2018

Hello,

did anyone ever managed to achieve reasonable waiting time while performing
metadata intensive operations such as git clone, untar etc...? Is this
possible workload or will never be in scope for glusterfs?

I'd like to know, if possible, what would be the options that affect such
volume performances.
Albeit i managed to achieve decent git status/git grep operations, 3 and 30
secs, the git clone and untarring a file from/to the same share take ages.
for a git repo of aprox 6GB.

I'm running a test environment with 3 way replica 128GB RAM and 24 cores
are  2.40GHz, one internal SSD dedicated to the volume brick and 10Gb
network

The options set so far that affects volume performances are:
 48 performance.readdir-ahead: on
 50 features.cache-invalidation: on
 52 performance.stat-prefetch: on
 53 performance.cache-invalidation: on