[Gluster-users] Disconnected peers after reboot

lemonnierk at ulrar.net lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Mon Aug 20 07:37:51 UTC 2018

Hi,

To add to the problematic memory leak, I've been seeing another strange
behavior on the 3.12 servers. When I reboot a node, it seems like often
(but not always) the other nodes mark it as disconnected and won't
accept it back until I restart them.

Sometimes I need to restart the glusterd on other nodes, sometimes on
the node I rebooted too, but not always.
I'm also seeing that after a network outage of course, I have bricks
staying down because quorum isn't met on some nodes until I restart
their glusterd.

3.7 didn't have that problem at all, so it must be a new bug. It's very
problematic because we end up with VMs locked, or doing I/O errors after
simple node reboots, making upgrades impossible to perform without the
clients noticing everything went down. Sometimes we don't even see a VM
gets I/O errors, it takes a while for that to show on some of them ..

--
PGP Fingerprint : 0x624E42C734DAC346