[Gluster-users] Gluster Monthly Newsletter, March 2018

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 15:42:45 UTC 2018

Gluster 4.0!
At long last, Gluster 4.0 is released! Read more at:
https://www.gluster.org/announcing-gluster-4-0/

Other updates about Gluster 4.0:
https://www.gluster.org/more-about-gluster-d2/
https://www.gluster.org/gluster-4-0-kubernetes/

Want to give us feedback about 4.0? We’ve got our retrospective open from
now until April 11.
https://www.gluster.org/4-0-retrospective/

Welcome piragua! https://github.com/gluster/piragua - Piragua emulates the
heketi api to provide directories on a single volume as kubernetes dynamic
volumes, and comes to Gluster from Comcast. Thank you!

Want swag for your meetup? https://www.gluster.org/events/ has a contact
form for us to let us know about your Gluster meetup! We’d love to hear
about Gluster presentations coming up, conference talks and gatherings. Let
us know!

Top Contributing Companies:  Red Hat, Comcast, DataLab, Gentoo Linux,
Facebook, Samsung
Top Contributors in March: N Balachandran, Atin Mukherjee, Vitalii
Koriakov, Amar Tumballi, Poornima G

Noteworthy threads:
[Gluster-users] Glustered 2018 schedule - a short report on how Glustered
went:
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-March/033774.html
[Gluster-users] Request For Opinions: what to do about the synthetic
statfvs "tweak"?
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-March/033775.html
[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS project contribution
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-March/054535.html
[Gluster-devel] Removal of use-compound-fops option in afr
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-March/054542.html
[Gluster-devel] Proposal to change the version numbers of Gluster project
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-March/054584.html
[Gluster-devel] Release 4.1: LTM release targeted for end of May
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-March/054589.html
[Gluster-devel] Branching out Gluster docs
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-March/054637.html

Upcoming CFPs:
Open Source Summit North America - Sunday, April 29, 2018
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-source-summit-north-america-2018/program/cfp/

http://www.gluster.org/gluster-monthly-newsletter-march-2018/

--
Amye Scavarda | amye at redhat.com | Gluster Community Lead