[Gluster-devel] Branching out Gluster docs

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Sat Mar 17 13:59:49 UTC 2018

Hello folks,

Our docs need a significant facelift. Nithya has suggested that we branch
out the current docs into a branch called version-3 (or some such, please
let's not bikeshed about the name) and have the master branch track 4.x
series. We will significantly change the documentation for master branch so
that it has a better content flow as well as give correct instructions for
working with GD2.

Among other things, we'll have to add a banner to the docs that highlights
which version you're looking at. This is not a problem, I can handle that.

Humble and Prashant, do you both agree this is a good idea? I'm happy to do
all the work needed to make this happen.

--
nigelb