[Gluster-users] JBOD / ZFS / Flash backed

Vincent Royer vincent at epicenergy.ca
Wed Apr 4 19:41:57 UTC 2018

Hi,

Trying to make the most of a limited budget.  I need fast I/O for
operations under 4MB, and high availability of VMs in an Ovirt cluster.

I Have 3 nodes running Ovirt and want to rebuild them with hardware for
converging storage.

Should I use 2 960GB SSDs in RAID1 in each node, replica 3?

Or can I get away with 1 larger SSD per node, JBOD, replica 3?

Is a flash-backed Raid required for JBOD, and should it be 1gb, 2, or 4gb
flash?

Storage network will be 10gbe.

Enterprise SSDs and Flash-backed raid is very expensive, so I want to
ensure the investment will provide best value in terms of capacity,
performance, and availability.

Thanks,

Vincent