[Gluster-users] cluster.readdir-optimize and disappearing files/dirs bug

Artem Russakovskii archon810 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 17:43:56 UTC 2018

Hi,

As many of you know, gluster suffers from pretty bad performance issues
when there are lots of files. One way to at least attempt to improve
performance is setting cluster.readdir-optimize to on.

However, based on my recent tests (using Gluster 3.13.2), as well as tests
of many others (like
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2016-November/051417.html),
there's a bug that frequently makes the listings of entire dirs disappear.
Though the data is still there, it's a very scary bug for production
systems which may think all data is gone.

I know Gluster 4 was recently released, but it makes no mention
of cluster.readdir-optimize in the notes.

What's the status of diagnosing this bug and fixing it? We're experiencing
major performance issues with gluster in production, and I'd love to do
everything possible to get them resolved.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Artem

--