[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] docs.gluster.org

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Tue Sep 5 18:48:12 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 1:28 AM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 06:21:38PM -0400, Amye Scavarda wrote:

>> > So I opened a few PR/review:
>> > https://github.com/gluster/glusterdocs/pull/259
>> >
>> > https://review.gluster.org/#/c/18182/
>> >
>> > https://github.com/gluster/glusterweb/pull/148
>> >

>> > --
>> > Michael Scherer
>> > Sysadmin, Community Infrastructure and Platform, OSAS

>> Fair warning, glusterweb is now deprecated as discussed in Community
>> Meeting on 30 Aug. However, github.com/gluster/glusterweb will be used
>> as a bug tracker moving forward.
>
> Could you please replace the contents of the current glusterweb
> repository with a README explaining this? The old files can stay in the
> history so that we can reference them in case something on the new
> website needs to be re-added.
>
> Being able to send pull requests and get contributions from users that
> way was one of the main reasons to move to GitHub. Is that still
> possible with the new site, in a different repository? I guess WordPress
> has some import/export features, but I don't know if those can get
> nicely combined with a repository on GitHub.
>
> Thanks!
> Niels

So we're actually going to move forward in a different direction with
the glusterweb repository once we get everything cleaned up.

We'll still use the GitHub issue queue as a method of tracking
improvements/bugs/feature requests , but I'd like to get us to a place
where we have a WordPress theme that people can contribute to and code
for custom plugins that we've developed. I'll be looking for
volunteers that can edit content directly as well.

I'll create a branch outlining what that could look like and we'll
discuss at the next community meeting.
- amye

--
Amye Scavarda | amye at redhat.com | Gluster Community Lead