[Gluster-users] URGENT - Cheat on quorum

W Kern wkmail at bneit.com
Sun May 21 21:41:38 UTC 2017

So I am experimenting with shards using a couple VMs and decided to test
his scenario (i.e. only one node available on a simple 2 node + 1
arbiter replicated/sharded volume use 3.10.1 on Cent7.3)

I setup a VM testbed. Then verified everything including the sharding
works and then shutdown nodes 2 and 3 (the arbiter).

As expected I got a quorum error on the mount.

So I tried

gluster volume set VOL cluster.quorum-type none

from the remaining 'working' node1 and it simply responds with

"volume set: failed: Quorum not met. Volume operation not allowed"

how do you FORCE gluster to ignore the quorum in such a situation?

I tried stopping the volume and even rebooting node1 and still get the
error (And of course the volume wont start for the same reason)

-WK