[Gluster-users] Replica 2 cluster not replicating

Marcus marcus.pedersen at slu.se
Wed May 3 06:47:03 UTC 2017

Some additional info:
I read somewhere that there has been a problem when the directory
structures are too deep.
On my file servers there is a depth of 9-10 directories, is this still a
problem?

The error I find in the error log is:
performing entry selfheal on 70764b1d-a022-4489-b7e1-df6073765d66
remote operation failed. Path: (null)
(00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000) [No data available]

If I look in .glusterfs at the gfid on both machines I see that some
files are missing on the second server.
But the content of .glusterfs matches what is stored in file structure,
so there is not miss match there.

I have written a script that makes an ls on all files in the structure
on a client.
This triggers a heal and the servers are busy working.
I am not done yet as this takes a while.
But this is not the way you are supposed to heal, right?

Best regarards
Marcus

On 02/05/17 11:12, Marcus wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I have setup a replicated gluster cluster on two identical machines
> with replica 2.
> I run CentOs 7 and gluster version 3.8.11.
>
> I started out with creating a distributed single node gluster brick.
> When I created the brick there was already about 11TB data in
> directory before I created the brick.
> We used the distributed brick for a couple of weeks before I had the
> other server.
> I configured the second server and and created replicated bricks where
> the second server was empty on data.
> gluster volume add-brick vol replica 2 transport tcp 192.168.1.2:/vol
> gluster volume add-brick vol2 replica 2 transport tcp 192.168.1.2:/vol2
>
> Everything went fine and files started to replicate and second server
> started to be populated with data.
>
> Now two weeks later they are still out of sync.....second server is
> still missing data.
> If I run: gluster volume heal vol info
> There is still thousands of files that need sync from first server.
> Most of the files are shown as a gfid number and not file names.
>
> I have tried to run: gluster volume heal vol
> and: gluster volume heal vol full
> It reports back that it starts successfully.
>
> I have rebooted both machines.
> Still same status.
>
> If I go to a client and use ls on specific files that are not in sync
> they become synchronized.
> As in:
> ls /mymount/mydir/file1
> ls /mymount/mydir/file2
>
> Both file1 and file2 gets synchronized.
> But I can not do that on thousands of files, right?
>
> How do I get these bricks synchronized and up and running as exact
> replicas?
>
> Many thanks in advance!
>
> Best regards
> Marcus

*Marcus Pedersén*
/System administrator/

*Interbull Centre*
Department of Animal Breeding & Genetics — SLU
Box 7023, SE-750 07
Uppsala, Sweden

Visiting address:
Room 55614, Ulls väg 26, Ultuna