[Gluster-users] Replica 2 cluster not replicating

Marcus marcus.pedersen at slu.se
Tue May 2 09:12:09 UTC 2017

Hi all!

I have setup a replicated gluster cluster on two identical machines with
replica 2.
I run CentOs 7 and gluster version 3.8.11.

I started out with creating a distributed single node gluster brick.
When I created the brick there was already about 11TB data in directory
before I created the brick.
We used the distributed brick for a couple of weeks before I had the
other server.
I configured the second server and and created replicated bricks where
the second server was empty on data.
gluster volume add-brick vol replica 2 transport tcp 192.168.1.2:/vol
gluster volume add-brick vol2 replica 2 transport tcp 192.168.1.2:/vol2

Everything went fine and files started to replicate and second server
started to be populated with data.

Now two weeks later they are still out of sync.....second server is
still missing data.
If I run: gluster volume heal vol info
There is still thousands of files that need sync from first server.
Most of the files are shown as a gfid number and not file names.

I have tried to run: gluster volume heal vol
and: gluster volume heal vol full
It reports back that it starts successfully.

I have rebooted both machines.
Still same status.

If I go to a client and use ls on specific files that are not in sync
they become synchronized.
As in:
ls /mymount/mydir/file1
ls /mymount/mydir/file2

Both file1 and file2 gets synchronized.
But I can not do that on thousands of files, right?

How do I get these bricks synchronized and up and running as exact replicas?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards
Marcus