[Gluster-users] "gluster volume set all cluster.enable-shared-storage enable"

hvjunk hvjunk at gmail.com
Tue May 2 09:57:24 UTC 2017

Good day,

I’m busy setting up/testing NFS-HA with GlusterFS storage across VMs running Debian 8. GlusterFS volume to be "replica 3 arbiter 1"

In the NFS-ganesha information I’ve gleamed thus far, it mentions the "gluster volume set all cluster.enable-shared-storage enable”.

My first question is this: is that shared volume that gets created/setup, suppose to be resilient across reboots?
 It appears to not be the case in my test setup thus far, that that mount doesn’t get recreated/remounted after a reboot.

If the mount is not resilient, ie. not recreated/mounted by glusterfs and neither added to the /etc/fstab by glusterfs, why the initial auto mount by glusterfs and not afterwards with a reboot?

The biggest “issue” I have found with glusterfs is the interaction with SystemD and mounts that fails and don’t get properly retried later (Will email separately on that issue) during bootstrapping of the cluster, and that is why I need to confirm the reasoning/etc. on this initial auto-mounting, but then the need to manually add it into the /etc/fstab

Thank you
Hendrik