[Gluster-users] "gluster volume set all cluster.enable-shared-storage enable"

Jiffin Tony Thottan jthottan at redhat.com
Wed May 3 05:49:30 UTC 2017

On 02/05/17 15:27, hvjunk wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I’m busy setting up/testing NFS-HA with GlusterFS storage across VMs running Debian 8. GlusterFS volume to be "replica 3 arbiter 1"
>
> In the NFS-ganesha information I’ve gleamed thus far, it mentions the "gluster volume set all cluster.enable-shared-storage enable”.
>
> My first question is this: is that shared volume that gets created/setup, suppose to be resilient across reboots?
>   It appears to not be the case in my test setup thus far, that that mount doesn’t get recreated/remounted after a reboot.

Following is the script which creates shared storage and mount it in the
node, plus an entry will be added to /etc/fstab
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/extras/hook-scripts/set/post/S32gluster_enable_shared_storage.sh

But there is a possibility such that, if glusterd(I hope u have enabled
enabled glusterd service) is not started before
systemd tries mount the shared storage then it will fail.

--
Jiffin