[Gluster-users] Gluster Monthly Newsletter, April 2017

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Tue May 2 03:05:04 UTC 2017

Gluster Monthly Newsletter, April 2017

Release 3.11 has been branched and tagged! More details on the mailing list.

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-April/030764.html

Our weekly community meeting has changed: we'll be meeting every other
week instead of weekly, moving the time to 15:00 UTC, and our agenda
is at: https://bit.ly/gluster-community-meetings

We hope this means that more people can join us. Kaushal outlines the
changes on the mailing list:
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-January/051918.html

New meetup! We’re delighted to welcome the first Seattle Storage
meetup, run by our very own Joe Julian.

https://www.meetup.com/Seattle-Storage-Meetup/

Coming to Red Hat Summit?

Come find us at the Gluster Community Booth in our Community Central area!

Upcoming Talks:

Red Hat Summit:

Container-Native Storage for Modern Applications with OpenShift and
Red Hat Gluster Storage

http://bit.ly/2qpLVP0

Architecting and Performance-Tuning Efficient Gluster Storage Pools

http://bit.ly/2qpMgkK

Noteworthy threads:

Gluster-users:

Announcing release 3.11 : Scope, schedule and feature tracking

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-April/030561.html

Usability Initiative for Gluster: Documentation

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-April/030567.html

How do you oVirt? Here the answers!

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-April/030592.html

Revisiting Quota functionality in GlusterFS

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-April/030676.html

Gluster-devel:

Back porting guidelines: Change-ID consistency across branches

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-April/052495.html

GlusterFS+NFS-Ganesha longevity cluster

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-April/052503.html

GFID2 - Proposal to add extra byte to existing GFID

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-April/052520.html

[Gluster-Maintainers] Maintainers 2.0 Proposal

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-April/052551.html

Proposal for an extended READDIRPLUS operation via gfAPI

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-April/052596.html

Gluster-infra:

Jenkins Upgrade

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-infra/2017-April/003495.html

Gluster Top 5 Contributors in the last 30 days:

Krutika Dhananjay, Michael Scherer, Kaleb S. Keithley, Nigel Babu,
Xavier Hernandez

Upcoming CFPs:

Open Source Summit North America -
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-source-summit-north-america/program/cfp