[Gluster-users] Replicating one brick to many

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Thu Mar 30 06:35:08 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 5:21 PM, Youssef Eldakar <
Youssef.Eldakar at bibalex.org> wrote:

> We've got 2 sets of old/new servers. Each server has 4 disks, old disk =
> 400 GB, new disk = 3 TB. In total, capacity of old = new. We want to have a
> copy of each file on old, another on new. I am not sure how to make that
> config, anyone has suggestions?

$ gluster volume create two-way-back old:/brick1 new:/brick1 old:/brick2
new:/brick2 ...

I guess we now recommend using arbiter volume type for better managing your
replication split-brain situations, so recommend using that with arbiter
brick being on newer nodes.

Regards,
Amar

> Thanks in advance.