[Gluster-users] Backups

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 22:46:12 UTC 2017

The problem is not how to backup, but how to restore.
How do you restore a whole cluster made of thousands of VMs ?

If you move all VMs to a shared storage like gluster, you should
consider how to recover everything from the gluster failure.
If you had a bounch of VMs on each server with local disks, you had to
recover only VMs affected by a single server failure,
but moving everything to a shared storage means to be prepared for a
disaster, where you *must* restore everything or hundreds of TB.