[Gluster-users] output of gluster peer status

Ian Neilsen ian.neilsen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 02:57:37 UTC 2017

The only way I can think of setting the main name as your hostname is to
remove the brick for that host, detach host, then reintroduce the host
using the hostname vs ip and add-brick again using hostname.

Im not sure that will actually clear the peer or volume info, but it
should...I think

On 17 March 2017 at 00:09, Sergei Gerasenko <gerases at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I wasn't going to edit the peer files. I did it on a test cluster.
>
> I did a reverse lookup from one of the hosts and it does now list the host
> name under "Other names", but the primary name is still an IP. Any way to
> make the hostname the primary name?
>
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 4:03 PM, Ian Neilsen <ian.neilsen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I've always done a reverse peer probe from another node in the pool. Make
>> sure you're hosts file or DNS is working correctly and then peer probe the
>> opposite node.
>>
>> you can actually have gluster recognise other names that each node is
>> known as such as IP, fqdn, shortname.
>>
>> I wouldn't edit the peer file if I were you. You can play nasty tricks on
>> gluster index by editing or adding in peer files while gluster is running.
>>
>> On Mar 15, 2017 6:55 AM, "Gandalf Corvotempesta" <
>> gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I can confirm this
>>> Any solution?

Ian Neilsen